Thursday, June 7, 2007

Yet Another One

With the deadline to respond to the offer nearing, I scored yet another interview with a competing company here in DC metro area. To give it a shot, I am back at home...only after 4 days since I left here. I don't know why I'm so lucky with getting interviews these days, but the recruiter was very eager to bring me in, and extend an offer that will defeat the one I already have if possible. Which items on my resume did she like that much, I wonder? Or is it the feedback from all those interviews I head previously? What kind of feedback did they give? I wish there was a way to find out.

Anyways, with only two business days to make up my mind on the standing offer, I will be using today for the interview, and hopefully I'll get the response from them by next Monday, which is the day I have to make the decision of my life.

And I do mean the decision of my life--maybe not the only one, but certainly one of the most important decision ever. That choice will have lasting impact on my life ever after... I am practically making a career move here; I don't want to be turning around to camera and saying,

"I'd not want to move up in this organization... While I'm down here, it's a job. Anywhere higher, it's a career, and I'd kill my self if that happens."*

I want it to be my career for at least a while... maybe at least about 3~5 years. Then, I'd like to look at where I am and make another decision: Stay in that route, or change lane.. hopefully into one called "entertainment."

I'm sleepy, and I've chit-chatted like a girl. Enough of this already! Need rest for the interview.

Wish me luck. Fingers crossed.

PS. I did a little calculation of the offer, and it turns out, it's not bad at all. But... there's nothing to lose in trying to negotiate, yes? (Of course, that's if I don't mess it up big time and lose the offer, but... .... I need a wooden board... 'knock knock')

* If you don't get it, start watching more tv shows. The Office in particular.

No comments: