Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Atlanta Welcomes Me

Yes, that means I have just accepted the offer from Lockheed Martin Aeronautics company, located near Atlanta, GA.

Some say it's far and too South for me, but I think not. I am all excited about this opportunity. Atlanta is big, home to some 5 milion people--so plenty of stuff to do--and extremely low cost of living compared to Northern Virginia... but most of all, it's aeronautics company!! That means I'll be making software that goes on Lockheed Martin's one of the longest selling cargo plane, C-130J Supoer Hercules*!! Well, a variation of C-130J Super Hercules that collects data inside storms to be precise, but exciting neverthless!

What's more exciting for me is that they actually assemble the plane in that giant building I'll be working at, and they also make the newest fighter jet, F-22!! I hope I can take some pictures...heheh.

Anyways, now this is done, I can now focus 100% on the research project I'm working on. I even have to show the group what I've been doing. (Um...) So time to concentrate!!



*You might have seen that plane at some point, because it's pretty much everywhere. They carry vehicles, troops, supplies, weapons... and of course, Naked Snake jumped off of it in Metal Gear Solid 3 in the beginning of the game as seen below:


I'm not 100% sure about this, but it sure looks like it.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

UPDATE: Yes, it is C-130, a modified version of it. AC-130 SPECTRE, as it is named, is modified by Boeing to be equiped with powerful guns to give support to ground troops.

No comments: