Monday, February 18, 2008

My Sacrifice

Hmm, now that I think about it, it's already third week? second week? into Lent. The time that is to be used looking back, thinking about Jesus' sacrifice, and sacrificing something we hold dear in those 40 days. What should I sacrifice? What is the thing I hold so close to my heart?

In 40 Days, 40 Nights, the character Josh played gave up sex and masturbation. Should I? Hmm, well, I don't have sex--there isn't anyone to have sex..not now anyways--and my life certainly doesn't revolve around masturbation; I certainly am not a sexholic. (Also, that character has semi-sex during Lent. So he didn't actually keep his word.)

Anyways, so, what should I give up? There are certainly plain, little objects people give up, and I assume it's mostly for fun; chocolate, candy, ice cream, meat, movies, and so on. I suppose I can give up those trivial stuff, but I really don't give a shit about them, so that won't be so meaningful. Not only that, it won't be much of a help to myself, either--I want to seize this chance and discipline myself at the same time.

So, I decided to sacrifice my laziness. Wake up early, and get out of the bed soon after waking up, try not to have idle moments--Oh, how sweet is it to day dream. If you think I'm not really sacrificing anything, you don't know me. Trust me, I really do love lying on my cozy bed, doing nothing, stay in idle position and so on. So, let's see if I can make a habbit out of this....

Amen? Amen!

No comments: