Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reason

When I love something, there is a reason. When I enjoy spending my time on something, there is a reason. And it is this: I learn from them. Not learning anything, but of human, of ourselves.

It doesn't have to be a bloated, mouthful cluster-fuck akin to Ghost in the Shell. It can be as simple as a ... fairy tale. A cartoon that remotely relates to the world we live in. Or even a dumb sci-fi extravaganza, that is Battlestar Galactica.

This desire to satiate my thirst for something human goes beyond my entertainment preference. It also applies to pretty much everything else: my work, my readings, friends, acquaintances, and relationships.

And this is one thing I will not compromise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you called battlestar galactica dumb? O.o thought you loved that show. I like where you're head's at, there are some things you should never compromise on.

Peter Park said...

Well, it's not exactly a classic, but more like another nerdy, albeit fun, entertainment that pretends to be something more than it is.

Have you seen HBO's "In Treatment"? You might find it interesting you being in a related field. Watching that show feels like... being in therapy myself.

I really should get back to it and finish watching the whole season...